Skip to main content
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
a a

Vocational Qualification in Tourism Industry

Tredu offers Hotel Receptionist studies in English. Receptionists are the heart of a hotel: They welcome guests, maintain security and prioritise well-being of customers. Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all kinds of people from different cultural backrounds are crucial in this work. We combine the studies with real life practise and we also do different projects in the actual working life.

This hotel training program is for you to develop your skills into an international expert with strong customer service attitude, good language skills and ability to work in different cultural environments.

Content of the degree

The scope of the Vocational Qualification in Tourism Industry is 180 competence points. The qualification is composed of vocational units (145 competence points) and common units (35 competence points).

The Vocational Qualification in Tourism Industry comprises of three competence areas and qualification titles. At Tredu you can study one of these in English, the competence area of accommodation services (receptionist). You will also be able to study at least one more other foreign language (i.g. Spanish, German, French and Russian) as well as Finnish, if that is not your mother tongue.

In addition to customer service and language skills, the studies provide expertise in hotel services and tourism environment. International networking during the study period includes on-the-job learning in Finland or abroad. During the studies you can also take part in international student exchanges, projects and tutoring.

Requirements for student selection

  • Qualification equivalent to a Finnish matriculation examination (high school diploma) or upper secondary vocational education
  • Good command in English language
  • Knowledge of Finnish language is required (A2.2.)

The education is mainly targeted at the applicants of EU or people living in Finland. For foreign applicants, a connection (i.g. relatives, spouse etc.) to Finland is mandatory.