The receptionist's work includes guiding customers, making room reservations, invoicing, as well as check-in and check-out. In addition, he/she introduces and sells products and services of tourism industry and guides customers through the use of local travel services. When working, he/she takes care of the safety, well-being and comfort of customers.
Tourism is an international customer service industry and has a variety of job responsibilities. The receptionist does, with a big heart, customer service work for example in accommodation establishments with various business ideas, as well as in companies and establishments providing tourism, conference and congress, spa, health and wellness services.
Communication and interaction skills are the most important skills of a receptionist, who is responsible for the comfort and safety of customers. Skills and knowledge, you will need:
- customer service and language skills
- sensitivity and cultural understanding
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to work well with others
- excellent verbal communication skills
- administration skills
- the ability to understand people’s reactions
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Graduates of the Vocational Qualification in Tourism Industry are able to work in customer service tasks in sales, accommodation or tourism services in the tourism industry. They are also able to design, commercialize and implement, market and sell tourism products and services.
The students may specialise in work tasks in hotel reception, the sales of tourism services, or the implementation of tourism services. Tredu is offering studies as a hotel receptionist in English as a part of vocational qualification in the tourism industry.